ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 278 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I just returned from a two week trip, and my pocket change grew so that it will be added to the bucket near my desk.

I once found $700.00 in change there, and used it for a Vegas Trip!

Lost it all though.

My point is the pocket stuff we carry home each day, I have put screws, wirenuts, and all other small fittings, and stuff into a small suitcase ---- and if you want a 4/32 - 3 or 4 inches long, or a few No. 8 panheads, or any odd material, I will have it there.

How many of you can relate to this little suitcase, and the gems inside, especially when needed in a pinch?

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
R
yea!! the funny thing is, the jar /box/ or can is all the way back at the house!!!

S
Ah Joe,

You have hit a pet peeve with me. I Never use change. I throw it all into a plastic box and when this gets full I put it into a large plastic bottle. Let me tell you that sucker is heavy now. ABout 8" in diameter and it is about 18" full of coins. After 9/11 the kids and I pulled out all the pennies and nickles and got over $120 to donate. I have no idea how much must be in there now.

You can just imagine how I feel as the lady in front of me atthe store digs in her wallet for the 13 cents that she needs, but that is another story.

Scott

G
The "junk box" has saved the day on many jobs.

C
Try being Canadian add 1 and 2$ coins into that whole mess I'm 5 pds heavier at the end of some days.

E
When I first started working as a helper years ago, there was a older man named Junior who had 2 - 5 gallon buckets full odd screws, brackets, wirenuts, etc. Every made fun of him for keeping all that "junk", but for home reason whenever somone needed an odd screw they tracked Junior down to sort through his bucket.

Junior now is too old to wire houses, but works part time at the supply house just helping out. Next time I'm in there I'm going to ask him if he still has those buckets.

C
I brought home some romex staples in the front pocket of my shirt,
and my girlfriend and I hugged each other with a big squeeze and more!

I didn't take the time to remove my shirt! I forgot the staples.

Anyway, they kind of fell out at some point during our activities, and
almost hit her in
the eye.

Now she always reminds me of the time I "NAILED" her!

S
Bet that ruined the mood. [Linked Image]

Scott

B
Electric Eagle, my dad is our local 'Junior', too. In fact, I have swiped a popular acronym and applied it to him: WWJD? which usually stands for "What Would Jesus Do?" My dad is a Mr. Fixit and will tackle just about any job so when faced with similar challenges I ask, "What Would Jerry Do?" My dad is also among the retired-but-can't-stay-away handyman hardware store employees, too! It's like putting a kid in a candy shop.

I've been teased many times for keeping the little hardware gizmos (brackets, etc) that I come across. I've also been thanked for access to my junk bucket.
I dump my "Pocket Stock" into a coffee can daily (the whole garage is full of these cans). Change goes into a bucket. I usually end up with enough change to finance several deep sea fishing trips each Summer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard