ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#217921 01/08/17 10:38 PM
S
Hey all, I'm not having any luck with the search engine. I'm looking for an older post along the lines of, "Are you an electrician or installer?" It was well written by one of many respected members here. It was a strong but right on point on the subject matter. Anyone recall it or is better attuned with the search engine here? I can not tell you how old it was. And it could in theory be older than 3 years hence my lack of luck finding it. It came up in a conversation and would like to share, assuming I can get the original poster's blessing to if it can be located.

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
T
Some of the very early posts have disappeared for some reason. A few years ago I tried to find one of those posts (even had a printout with the URL) and didn't get anywhere except via the Web Archive.

S
No worries. Thanx for looking

Have you tried the "Advanced Search"?
It has threads going back to the beginnings of the site.

S
Yes I did. It came up blank or I was doing something wrong with it. It may be older than 3 years

Administrator
Originally Posted by Texas_Ranger
Some of the very early posts have disappeared for some reason. A few years ago I tried to find one of those posts (even had a printout with the URL) and didn't get anywhere except via the Web Archive.
We haven't lost much at all over the years, but moving away from a Windows based server some years ago made everything case-sensitive.

If you give me the URL I am reasonably sure I can find it.

Bill

Sparkyinak,
What "area" would have this been posted in?
Sorry, just trying to help out here. smile

T
Originally Posted by Admin
Originally Posted by Texas_Ranger
We haven't lost much at all over the years, but moving away from a Windows based server some years ago made everything case-sensitive.

If you give me the URL I am reasonably sure I can find it.

Thanks!
I'll have to check where I put the printouts since I can't find the newer thread where we discussed this. That thread was about a picture with "fuse replacements", e.g. crescent wrench, allen wrench etc and originally posted in 2004 or even earlier.

S
Probably in the general discussion area. It was a well written post defining the differenVecbetween just installing electrical versus being an electrcian

S
I may be on to something.....

Link Copied to Clipboard