ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 08:39 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by tortuga - 03/18/24 04:29 PM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
Test Post
by sabrown - 03/06/24 05:29 PM
Solar PV Wiring Errors
by renosteinke - 03/02/24 09:12 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Potseal Offline OP

I need to post a wiring diagram. That relay and the Omron I've been using might both work but I might not be placing it in the circuit correctly. The basics are that if either the exit or entrance momentary control is utilized a relay closes and powers a solid state relay which in turn opens the circuit for the strike (fail safe) and closes the circuit for the pneumatic control. I need to delay the pneumatic just brief enough that the strike can't get stuck closed by the door pushing on it before it releases.
I know where the delay is required and can envision how everything is wired except for how to reset the Omron (or other relay).

A malfunction at the junction
--------------------------------------
Dwayne
A
Well yes, the omron will reset on power loss (respectively: input loss) in mode A.
But don't you get that necessary power loss from the existing System?
Some time after opening the door, the existing relay and solid state relay will power off again, won't they?

Last edited by andey; 11/28/16 10:11 AM.
A
How about

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc/Shopping/Catalog/Process_Control_-a-_Measurement/Timer_Relays_-z-_Counters_-z-_Tachometers/Fuji_Electric_Timer_Relays_Mini-DIN_(ST7_Series)/ST7P-2A15S-ADC

G
A second sounds a long time for the latch to operate. Stuff like that I've encountered has been more like a tenth of a second.
Assuming its a DC system, perhaps you could arrange your own simple delay circuit with a basic relay, a capacitor, and maybe a resistor.
(Sorry I don't know how to put diagrams on here, but -)
Break the line to the pneumatic solenoid and take it through the relay N/O contact. Connect a capacitor across the relay coil. Supply the relay coil/capacitor via a resistor. A bit of bench experiment would be the easiest way to determine resistor capacitor values.

Potseal Offline OP
Sorry for not posting back sooner.

As I suspected I had the right relay but I was looking in the wrong location as to where I should place it. In the end I used the Omron H3CA relay. When either the prox card entry or push button exit is activated a signal is sent to the pneumatic control board which in turn powers the 120 VAC air actuator and door strike N.C. relay. This is where I placed the delay. Like Geoff and andey stated 1 second is too long. I set the Omron for a 0.5 sec. delay between the pneumatic control board and the air actuator and it appears to be working perfectly. Previously we had the pressure turned down to keep the door strike from jamming which prevented it from opening a full 90 degrees. Now the pressure is back up and the door is opening to a full 90.

[Linked Image from i66.tinypic.com]

Last edited by Potseal; 12/01/16 02:05 PM.

A malfunction at the junction
--------------------------------------
Dwayne
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard