ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#216084 09/29/15 11:52 AM
P
petey_c Offline OP
I'm the sole employee of my business. Over the past few years I accumulated a dozen or so company tee shirts that are no longer suitable to show up at someone's house in and I don't need that many shirts for crappy around the house jobs. I'd donate them, but I know some cut them up for rags (I'm okay with that) and others bale them and sell them by the pound (kilo) here or overseas. I don't want to see someone who picked up one or more of my shirts at a thrift store, pretending to be an electrician. Or am I just over thinking this as I get older? Thanks, Pete

G
I suppose you could burn them like old flags wink

Greg Fretwell
Most of mine went to the incinerator when I closed shop.

I kept two or three just for the memories.

John
G
I still have an Endean Electric T shirt from the old "secret society" days

Greg Fretwell
Cat Servant
I have noticed a trend of companies ever-so-royally decreeing that employees wear "high visibility" T-Shirts .... while the cheap jackalopes expect their miserly paid help to run off to Wal-Mart and buy the darn things out of their poverty-level wages.

I'd look for some employees of such firms, and donate them. Let Scrooge see his crew advertising the competition! If he doesn't like it, he can print up his own.

I'm a one man show too.

When my personal T-shirts are no longer presentable, I might wear them around the house or to bed.
When they get beyond the pale, I tear them up for shop rags.

Previous employers T-shirts are treated pretty much the same way they treated me. I'll do the same as I do for my personal shirts if the treated me fairly.

(With one cheap "the check's in the mail" employer I gave my remaining shirts to a charity group that distributed them on Skid Row in Los Angeles about 15 years ago.)

N
Originally Posted by electure
I'm a one man show too.

When my personal T-shirts are no longer presentable, I might wear them around the house or to bed.
When they get beyond the pale, I tear them up for shop rags.

Previous employers T-shirts are treated pretty much the same way they treated me. I'll do the same as I do for my personal shirts if the treated me fairly.

(With one cheap "the check's in the mail" employer I gave my remaining shirts to a charity group that distributed them on Skid Row in Los Angeles about 15 years ago.)

Did you get any feedback on your donation?

Originally Posted by NORCAL
Did you get any feedback on your donation?

Just the personal satisfaction knowing I'd donated my tee-shirts to those that deserve it (a bunch of winos) was plenty enough for me. smile

Scott, I came across a shirt from our "mutual former employer" not long ago digging through some boxes I hadn't touched in years laugh.

Randy,

I've still got one too and just by chance I've got in on right now laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard