ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
HPM power-boards (front).jpg
HPM power-boards, allergic to UV
Other images in post
Image Details
Poster LongRunner Offline
Posted 07/28/15 03:36 AM
Description
And all it took was a few years near a window... (the top one is a spare, for comparison)

My experience with recent HPM stuff in general hasn't been good at all, for that matter; nowadays, their name would seem to mean Hopelessly Poorly Made. If their products were dirt-cheap then they would at least have some excuse for it, but no.

Another of the same model HPM power-board is in Mum's bedroom, and has similarly discoloured at its most exposed end. That one wasn't even near a window, either - just an 18W CFL did it. (I'm not a huge fan of CFLs, now, but I have a bunch of them bought in past years.) I intend on replacing it with the spare Arista SPB 1.

If this is how they look just five years after manufacture, can you imagine them lasting 30+ years reliably? Not me.
Dimensions 1200x427
Size 40.81 KB
UBBCode
Thumbnail
Medium
Full

Member Spotlight
New in the Gallery:
SE cable question
Featured:

2017 NEC and Related
2017 NEC
Now Available!

Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 59 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod

New in the Gallery:
SE cable question

Top Posters (30 Days)
Admin 47
HotLine1 43
gfretwell 19
Ruben Rocha 12
Trumpy 9

Newest Members
Freecrowder, clee512, Jdscott2005, FAIZAN, Regitest2

ECN Electrical Forums - sponsored by Electrical Contractor Network - Electrical and Code Related Discussion for Electrical Contractors, Electricians, Inspectors, Instructors, Engineers and other related Professionals