ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ComputerWizKid), 331 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Cat Servant
FWIW ... I've 'partnered' with a tool company, trying to develop a practical vacuum specific to this task. That is, to suck lines through and to blow lines through ... NOT for cleaning up the job site. The tool will be corded, and intended for nothing larger than 1" pipe.

The hard part, as you might guess, is getting access to the pipes. Once the wall is closed in, that mud ring is not your friend.

Meanwhile, the capabilities of the modest bucket-topper vacuum continue to impress. I've found it will fit in a 3-1/2 gallon bucket, like the ones used by the tile guys. There's still room to store your hose, etc., in the pail.

S
I live in the land of improv. Any vacuum I can get my hands on, duct tape as necessary, a plastic bag (thicker the better) and some sort of durable string. Pushing the line in works ok but I think sucking is better and safer. I've seen string shot into an underground conduit to a hot panel.... And there was water in the pipe....

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard