ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 266 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#213730 07/04/14 12:42 PM
To those in the United States:

[Linked Image from marshallcolibrary.org]

Celebrate and Party & Stay Safe!
A special thanks to the Military that made all this possible.

Happy 4th of July to everybody else, and Happy 5th of July to those the other side of the International Date Line.
(I guess I've included everyone)

A big 'ditto' from me.

John
Cat Servant
I recommend the film "America" as an exceptionally appropriate film to go see this holiday. It should have opened yesterday at a theater near you. (With the other films expected to be released soon, I don't expect "America" will play for more than one week).

The film is about what makes us special- and how the world would have lost out had there never been an America.

Ironically, many of those who read this post will return to work Monday - and enthusiastically resume doing their utmost to make America "just like everyone else."

Think about that, the next time you argue for more rules, more bureaucrats, more licensing. Then ask yourself: Just how did we make it this long without them?

I'd wish everyone a good time celebrating with the traditional fireworks and BBQ's ... except that BOTH are illegal in some places. Heck, some places even object to your putting out the Flag. Now, there's something to really think about.

T
I just left the theatre and must second renosteinke's thumbs up.

Last edited by Tesla; 07/04/14 05:38 PM.

Tesla
G
We are going to make a big bang.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/july4.wmv

Thirteen 500 gram "cakes", 17 2" mortars fused to run about 7 minutes, glued down to a 2x8 plywood plank. (Light it and run)

Greg Fretwell

That's ultra impressive, Greg.

thumbs clap

G
It came off great. The camera was not aimed right at the beginning but I got the bursts in frame a little ways in.
If I do this again I need to film from farther away to get it all in. I was 100' away as it was.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Fireworks%20July4%202014.wmv

Greg Fretwell
Nice!!!
Your stockpile up here would possibly get you an unwanted visit.

John
G
Superb display! Thank you.

Broom Pusher and
Nice Cakes and Shells!!!

It has been many Years since We purchased any "Fun Stuff"... smile
We used to Drive to a City in South West Nevada - bordering Death Valley, to make our "Fun Stuff" purchases.
This City has an abundance of Brothels and Firework retail Stores.
The City's Name rhymes with what the Governor's Staff said in "Blazing Saddles":
Governor: "I didn't get a 'Hurrumph' out of that Guy"
Headley Lamarr: "Give the Governor a 'Hurrumph'"
Guy: "'Hurrumph'"
Governor: "You watch your A$$"

--- [end Blazing Saddles mode] ---

This Year, as has been common for several past Years, we did not participate in the Discharging of Pyrotechnical items, just observed the luminous displays provided by others.
The Ratio for "Legal -vs- Illegal" items appears to be on a Linear increase, with the latter of the Two increasing each Year.
In 2012: Persons at the Park next to our House Discharging "Safe & Sane" (i.e.: "Legal") Fireworks, made up 50% of the total Pyrophiles;
In 2013: there were 40% with "Safe & Sane" (i.e.: "Legal") Fireworks, the remaining 60% Pyrophiles having "Unsafe & Insane" (i.e.: "Illegal") Fireworks;
This Year: there were apx. 30% of the total Pyrophiles with "Safe & Sane" (i.e.: "Legal") Fireworks, the remaining 70% Pyrophiles discharging "Unsafe & Insane" (i.e.: "Illegal") Fireworks.

Attached are Two Images of "Unsafe & Insane" fun stuff from back in 2003, showing various size / weight Cakes, 2" Shells, 36" Sparklers, various size Roman Candles, Battery Rockets, Buzz Bombs and Bricks of Firecrackers.

--Scott (EE)

Attached Images
PYROTECH02_2003.jpg PYROTECH04_2003.jpg

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard