ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#213085 03/18/14 11:31 PM

This should get the "Stop Smart Meter Radiation" crowd all riled up.
smile
It takes it to a whole new level.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/14/tech/innovation/wireless-electricity/index.html

T
I could make a crack about this being old news to Tesla -- Nikola Tesla, that is.

I could reference the fact that getting a B field strong enough to transmit enough energy to brighten the room either costs a ton of copper/ silver -- or the frequency has to be lifted into the microwave range... and our liver is cooked.

What we have here is a big news-hole and dufus journalists who've yet to master a Web search by Google or Bing.

Tesla
Agree with Teslas comments. A slow news day perhaps

John

I agree with both of you. It's a fantasy.

Fantasy or not, the mere mention of it is bound to make
THESE PEOPLE complain
laugh

No wonder CNN has such bad ratings!

T
There ARE problems with smart meters: they didn't bother to embed digital security into them.

!

Tesla
H
I don't know about anyone else, but when I was in business, I had several customers who were very worried about EMF and their health. I had to relocate wires and a service for customers that were afraid. The one homeowner had me move the service because the service ran right behind the head board of a bed and I believe someone who slept in that bed died of a brain tumor or something like that.

N
Originally Posted by electure

I agree with both of you. It's a fantasy.

Fantasy or not, the mere mention of it is bound to make
THESE PEOPLE complain
laugh

No wonder CNN has such bad ratings!

CNN (Chicken Noodle Network) has bad ratings because they are biased, & they just suck. eek

I made this thread purely in jest. smile

CNN also recently had a serious discussion on TV, as to whether or not the missing Malaysian Airliner had encountered a Black Hole.

Some other tinfoil hat sites I've come across:

http://www.freedomfchs.com/id34.html

http://www.stopeg.com/victims_start.htm?tid=1392374783

http://www.lessemf.com/personal.html (This one even features shielding boxer shorts.)

J
I agree that wireless power transmission, in the utility sense, is not practical. But with the lower power consumption and desire to eliminate connectors on portable devices, wireless battery charging will come into its own. The charging frequency will be in the 100s of kHz to more efficiently transfer power over a small air gap/core. I was reading up on a clever Linear Technology design that limits the charging current by detuning the receiver tank circuit. Those interested can go to DigiKey and download the datasheet for the LTC4120. The switching frequencies, close to 1MHz, refer to the battery charger converter. The actual power transfer tank is running at around 130kHz.
Joe

Cat Servant
For years Greenlee has offered a device for testing HID and fluorescent bulbs. Milwaukee also offers one these days. What are they good for?

Well ....

I have a nephew, a certified geek with various degrees in physics. He was very concerned about EMF, and decided to get a gauss meter, so he could identify EMF issues in his home. Alas, he decided to do his EMF survey the day I was visiting ....

He gets out his meter, and I (quietly) got out mine. Every now and then I'd push my 'test' button, which would send his meter (across the house) off the scales. Before long, I had him critically studying a wastebasket, trying to determine how the simple plastic tub could be the source of so much EMF laugh

He was completely amazed, puzzled, and finally fascinated with my meter. The idea of using EMF to test bulbs had him shaking his head in wonder. What will they think of next?

Maybe I'll 'invent' the sundial next laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard