ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
2 members (Scott35, gfretwell), 269 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
T
1977 - soiling my diapers
1987 - girls

J
March 1987: We were in our third month of HSN ownership. 8 hour shifts of watching cheap garbage sold over 2MW of MTS Stereo. What a waste! There had been the normal talk about them not planning to get rid of anyone but we were down to 18 from around 50. I would routinely have our Master Control Operators go to slide because the cable folks in Fl. weren't sending me a legal signal. There's only so much that a frame synchronizer can fix. Broadcasting just wasn't fun anymore. I left in June.
I did 6 solo skydives in March 87. It looks like I was just getting the cobwebs out, style sets, tracking, barrel rolls, then trying to land in the peas.
This was in the Cleveland, Oh. area.
Joe

Fair-do's to us Oldslowbiles- what happened to 1947, '57 and '67?!
1947 was the year we had really bad blizzards in the UK. Pa took me to the British Legion Club [ex-armed services], to get some ale in for Christmas and had to carry me home part of the way on his shoulders, as I'd sunk up to my armpits.
Cripes, is that nearly 60 years ago already?

'57 Old School Yard. Who was that idiot?
'67 Magic year - Got a plum job as a draftsman and met Denise on a number 62 bus. She gave me her last cigarette. Wow!
Been married 36 years this month!

Alan

Wood work but can't!
K
1977.. Queens silver jubilee. I was in the local brass band that played when she came to visit Stirling (14 years old)
1987.. Getting divorced from first wife

der Großvater
Trumpy:
How about 2007, or...1997
This thread was a walk down memory lane

John
T
87: 2 years old. In November I got a toy hoover which I found utterly unrealistic because it was battery operated. I eventually got my dad to fabricate an external wooden box that held the two D cells and a bit of flex to the hoover. Unfortunately I later cannibalised the hoover and now it's missing just about everything. A few years ago I found another similar one (different colours and labelled Siemens) but this one doesn't work either - the filter cover is missing, as are the accessories. Originally this thing came with a small box of styrofoam balls for playing cleanup.

March 1997: greatly looking forward to my second ski trip with school in late March/early April. I vividly remember that it was nearly 20C the last day of skiing and there was more mud and water than snow. One girl wearing white overalls fell into one of the mud pits smile

March 2007: started my first job on the 10th I think. Electrical planning at a largish office 25 km from Vienna with a 1-hour commute each way (by train, by car the way home would probably have been twice that or more). I left that bunch of binge-drinking workaholics (one of them regularly worked Mon-Fri 6-6, Sat-Sun 8-6, often more than that) 15 months later and went back to university. My two recurring tasks were moving switches, sockets and lights around in CAD plans and filling endless Excel spreadsheets with circuit numbers. That got old pretty quickly and due to bad eating habits I gained nearly 15 kg in that time. Mind you, I was borderline underweight before but I definitely knew I didn't want that trend to continue.

I'll do backwards....
2017: May slow down a little....Will wait 'till then to decide. Enjoying life & work.

2007: Doing the same; got an AARP advertisement in mail,threw it in the recycle bin without opening. Enjoying life & work.

1997: EC business going good. Enjoying life & work.

John
H
March 1977 I was driving my 1976 CJ jeep and going to work for my boss as an apprentice. I left the alarm company and started being an electrician.

L
March 1977: Finishing my Boy Scout project.

March 1987: Exited the US Navy after 6 years.

March 1997: Working at first job as an Electrical Engineer.

March 2007: Doing Controls work.

G
67 in Cuba fixing 3 056 verifiers for IBM (support call) and considering being shanghied on the sun tender Orion in Cuba if I wanted to go to Spain. I also did some work for the branch office In Jamaica enroute.

77 midnight coordinator and 2d level support for 5 states.

87 managing 14 guys in Ft Myers, hardware support and starting to get into the "designing/building computer room" business.

97 retired from IBM, working as state electrical inspector for 5 counties.

07 doing a little consulting but mostly retired.

Now really retired.

Greg Fretwell
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard