ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 373 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
Like Hotline, as an inspector I am "on call" 24/7 365 days a year. As part of a team of 4 commercial inspectors in a county of over 1 million people, crap does happen!

Most of my call out have been from the Fire Marshall requesting an inspector to approve a re-energize to a commercial structure after a fire or such thing.

M
Over the years have been one of a pile of trades on call 24/7 for a data center supporting DMV information for various local police departments.

Very seldom the electrical cell goes off, usually its the outside a/c contractor or somebody from one of the IT vendors coming in for a problem.

H
As John and Lucky says, as an AHJ I too am on 24/7 but luck has been with me. Not many emergencies since hurricane Sandy went by us. Then I was working every day. When I was in my own business, there wasn't a year go by when I didn't get an emergency call for a holiday. You name the day, and I know I worked it at least once in 15 years of my own business.

The worst part about that, was when I was in business and I went out on call, sometimes I didn't get paid by the customer. They needed me so bad on that holiday, but I couldn't get them to pay me for the service call.

Broom Pusher and
Man, I do not miss being On-Call at all!!!

--Scott (EE)

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
G
Same here but now my wife is on call 24/7 all the time.
I usually end up going in with her.
It is never boring.

Greg Fretwell
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard