ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
I need some help here.. I have taken the California Contractor's license test and have failed it 5 times. I study the home material and still cannot pass it for whatever reasons. I pretty much need a tutor and I'm willing to pay for it. I have 2 of these "Guaranteed" pass school books and they for me have been useless for me.
Thanks in Advance
Mike

C
What part of the test are you having a problem with the law or the trade?

Curt

Curt Swartz
M
Both.. I scored 67 percent on the last law test and 58 on the trade which makes no sence because I was in the union and went though the 5 year school. I'm a bad test taker and always have been, but I don't know why I cannot pass this test.

Mike

L
mike...maybe you should look at some videos.years ago i was having trouble with motors calculations and the code.well after looking around i found this site,tom henry.electrical books and videos.well i can tell you it was a big help to me.step by step instructions.and if you miss it,just rewind the tape.on your test you have 2 to 4 questions on motors right?pick up the tape.and good luck next time.
http://www.code-electrical.com/examvideos.html

also check out the ecn bookstore as well,at this web site.

[This message has been edited by lighthouse (edited 01-28-2003).]

M
Hey Lighthouse.. I have seen that before, but my problem is that I need one on one training. Or at least some classes that can deal with both law and code. It's almost like I need someone to guide me though this ordeal. I have to turn down all this work due to not having a license. Like I said, I'm willing to pay whatever to pass this test.. :-)

Mike

L
mike...sorry i can't help you with the law.but the books and videos in the above link was a big help to me.and i'm not trying to sell you a book or video either.the motor tape was was a big help and calculations workbook was a big help too.mike pick up the motor tape.it's worth it.if the test has 4? on motors at what? 1.5 points each.trust me on this one.

M
Ill try the tapes but will also need some tutor time as well.. I really thank you for your time guys.. Let me know if anyone is in the Nor Cal area..

Cheers
Mike

S
Mike,
I would advise you to check out Mike Holt's web site. He offers a home study course that is excellent. I'm not sure if he does his week long crash courses in your area. I passed the Florida State test on the first try using his material.

M
What's the URL to his site?

Thanks
Mike

L
mike.here the link to mike holts site as well
http://www.mikeholt.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard