ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 256 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
And the furlough begins...

bash

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
G
That is the good part of living in a place without much federal government.
I had to turn on the TV to even know there was a shutdown.

Greg Fretwell
Hopefully, it will be short lived.

John
S
Me too. Hate to start at the bottom with as much I have invested. At same time I'm tired of silly games just to do my job.

Sparkyinak .. It should end for you pretty soon, .......

Ya cant beat a government job .. I would of liked one. Although like during my unions days .. we all were just a number and nothing was permanent.

Last edited by electure; 10/03/13 09:55 AM. Reason: removed political content
S
Oh in not too worried about it. Per say. Just a blow to economy and some were just getting by beforehand. It's embarrassing for the country as a whole that have cry babies throwing hissy fits, the same ones we entrusted to lead us.

This thread has a real potential for turning political, which is against ECN policy.

Please don't let that happen smile

S
Totally agree. Not my intentions

Cat Servant
I always thought the electrical trade was a construction trade - where you're always 'unemployed' the moment you finish a job. You get to wait for the next customer to call. Sparkys often hop back and forth between contractors, following the work- which is where the union hall comes in.

This idea of spending a career with one employer, predictable paychecks, full 'benefits,' and special retirement privileges
is a type of work most tradesmen can't even imagine.

Starting at the bottom? Heck, when I was raised, the "government" is who hired you if no one else would. Government work hasn't been the employer of last resort for decades now.

Take advantage of this opportunity to see how the world looks to everyone else.

S
I'm am. Thanx. My job is rather unique given my area of coverage where i wore several hats. I stay up with trades and worked with many of them in various projects. Although I had a desk, I was no desk jockey. I have the scars and caluses to prove it. It was the means to take care of my kids in a tough economy. Being vested makes it hard to just walk away. With my time with them, I have been very fourtuntate to learn and to do things I would not have the opportunity in the private sector.

I'm not setting on my thumbs waiting for this mess to be over. No telling what's on the other side. Maybe it's a opportunity for me to try new things. Time will tell

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard