ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 161 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
twh Offline
Originally Posted by renosteinke
Yet, somehow, it's OK with engineering for me to put that 140# motor on my shoulder and walk across the deck!

Now that's funny.

Reno:
Any flex in the roof deck? You're probably putting +/- 300 lbs in about .5 SF with each footstep.

John
Cat Servant
Compared to the usual sheet metal deck, this one is as firm as Mother Earth.

JLG? Rentals? The plant's equipment yard has a full compliment of rental lifts, of nearly every type known to man.

Crane? Yup, looks like it. I can already hear the wailing about the cost - but these folks didn't miss a trick in putting up this place as cheaply as possible. Now they get to pay the price.

Junction boxes being readily accessible? They were, sort of - before they put the production line in under them. Heck, the box is still in plain sight laugh

M
Don't know how far you have to lift it over the roof but if its fairly close to the edge you may be able to save a few dollars and get it put up there by a sign company's boom truck.

A lot of HVAC contractors use them over the crane companies as the compressors weight no more than a large sign or parking lot pole.

T
What was the end of this story?

Tesla
Cat Servant
Still haven't found a contractor who can get around all the obstacles / restrictions, either. Engineering is busy trying to explain away their poor design. Meanwhile, production is taking advantage of the cooler weather to get by with less ventilation.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard