ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 256 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Scott35 Online Happy OP
Broom Pusher and
So, since work has been beyond minimal, my Wife and I have become Full-Time College Students!!!

Annie (my Wife) is focusing on her Major in Forensic Genealogy. Accreditation is very similar as would be for a P.E., except Her field requires a Masters', instead of a Bachelors' alone.

My target is mostly General Ed and reviews of all Math-Based stuff, English, Writing, and Engineering Fields.

Annie and I started this quest last Semester (Summer), in which we both attended an expedited "Hybrid" Anthropology Intro course.
Expedited meaning a 16 week course being fast-tracked in 5 weeks!
"Hybrid" meaning the course was part on-campus and part on-line. This is how we were able to do 16 weeks worth of lessons in only 5 weeks.

Man, I am loving this!!!
The Anthropology course was tough, but very exciting! Learned quite a lot, despite the fast-track 5 weeks.

For this Fall Semester, my Wife and I have one common on-line course which we both are enrolled... Political Science!
The Instructor is awesome, and takes the on-line course very seriously.

Annie has Two on-campus courses for this Semester: Architecture (intro), and History of Rock-And-Roll.

For this Semester, I have One additional on-line course: Intro to Database (MS Access), and Two on-campus courses: Music Theory 102 and 106.
102 is "Sight Singing" scores, Rhythms and pitch with emphasis on beat tracking (we are learning Rhythmic Syllables and The Conductors Beat - the hand-movements used by Conductors).
106 is Rhythms and pitch, applied towards relating Instruments to the Score, with emphasis towards Classical and Jazz Pieces.

It is great to be back in Music!
My Career had stifled everything outside of the Electrical Engineering Realm.
Last time I played my Drum Kit was Early Spring 2003; played for a whopping 30 Minutes.
The Y2K Roll-Over was the final Jam I played.
Since New Year 2000, all the way to April of this Year, life has been 100% EE; and let me tell ya':
"All EE and no Play, makes Scott a Dull Boy!!!"

To wrap this up, I thought this would be interesting everyone here at ECN!!!
Especially since I am 49, and 99.5% of the Students in my Classes are < 30!!! shocked

Take it easy everyone!!!

--Scott < EE in Limbo wink >

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
G
49?!! Just a youngster!

Scott35:
Enjoy what you are doing!!

John
Cat Servant
Next step? Form a college bar band. I can see it now: "Elektron & the Power Factors."

Poli-Sci? How about this for a paper: "The War of the Sockets: Why Britain and France Just Can't Get Along."

Screw the engineering. Go for the CPA.

Anthropology? How about "The Evolution of the tradesman, from GC to Sparky?" I'd love to see the artwork, from knuckle-dragger to linesman laugh

G
My son in law has a string of letters behind his name and he pivoted to law school.
He said he is tired of being poor.

Greg Fretwell
B
My Wife is named Anneth,call her Annie,and besides the obvious all she likes are her cats and her large collection of weapons of all types,shotguns,pistols,rocket launchers,etc,yep a rifle nut and ex roof top prowler.

Link Copied to Clipboard