ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 381 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
B
bigpapa Offline OP
I am looking for opinions on this RV park install, or possibly some code rules that are less obvious.

First we will install a main service with breakers and feeders for several meter stacks. The meter stacks will then feed a bunch new 50A 120/240V RV pedestals. Each pedestal will have its own meter and breaker in the stack.

The arrangement is pretty much the same as you would see in a typical residential high rise where there are usually no main disconnects in the meter closets.

The difference is that since our meter closet kiosks are distributed outdoors throughout the park they are technically different buildings. I am leaning towards including the disconnects because of this.

I talked to the inspector but he wouldn't comment on design issues.
They don't really have time for this when I call at 3:30 on a Friday I gather.

If anyone cares to comment please do.

T
twh Offline
72-104 allows USEI and you could treat each distribution centre as a service. It would be tempting to do this because of the issue of different potentials between ground and neutral over distances (and cable cost). If you ran ACWU with a separate ground, I'm not aware of any rule requiring a disconnect at each building where it isn't a service.

Perhaps the inspector wouldn't comment on design issues because the inspectors don't agree on whether a main disconnect is required on a sub-panel where the sub panel is in a separate building and this is similar.

Be aware that entrance switches can't be in public areas unless "adequate precautions are taken to prevent interference", under 9.26.1.3 of the National Building Code of Canada.

S
There's no breakers in the pedistals?

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa

Link Copied to Clipboard