ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#209980 05/20/13 10:03 AM
S
What is a good electrical pricing guide that I can go by instead of calling supply house every time I need to do an estimate. Sometimes I need just a general price to go by which don't have to be exact. I know wire especially goes up and down. Thanks

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
J
"X amount of dollars for labor, I'll charge the materials to your account"

T
twh Offline
One of my wholesalers has on-line pricing. Maybe you can find a local supplier that offers this service.

I track costs with my invoicing software. That also allows me to see which wholesalers are charging too much.

S
twh, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of invoicing software do you use that lets you see wholesalers pricing? Thanks..

T
twh Offline
Originally Posted by sparkync
twh, if you don't mind me asking, what kind of invoicing software do you use that lets you see wholesalers pricing? Thanks..
These are separate. I track costs with my invoicing software. I also have access to on-line pricing. The software doesn't access the on-line pricing.

I use a estimating software called Vision, and have pricing through a software called Epic which is used in conjunction with Vision. The Epic is pricing and is updated every six months. It is pretty accurate.

S
I tried the website for "Vision Estimating Software". Thought it would be interesting to see. Their videos hang up and just stop. They need some help on their website if they want to interest more customers.... Looks like it might be good if I could just see how it works:(

Originally Posted by sparkync
I tried the website for "Vision Estimating Software". Thought it would be interesting to see. Their videos hang up and just stop. They need some help on their website if they want to interest more customers.... Looks like it might be good if I could just see how it works:(

Try this http://www.visioninfosoft.com/

Interesting link. Pricey at <$700 for a year, or >$1600 for weekly updates.

When I was an active EC, I used a paper 'price book' from a local small supply house.

It was a four column setup, a,b.c & 'retail'. Swapped it for a 'newer' version when they got a 'new' version. Yes, it was 'dated' but served the purpose for me for a long time. Best was the 'price'; "give them my business"

One problem with trying that today around here is there are no more 'local supply houses'

John
When your landing multiple six figure jobs a year by bidding against other EC's $700. a year is a drop in the bucket. If you want to play the game and succeed you use the tools that work for you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard