ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I am sure many of you see this...multi high rise apt buildings with fuse holder buckets in the basement electrical room that feed small Pushmatic panels in the apts. The panels are no bigger than a small key box, most always the breakers are doubled up and some even have CT's stuffed in them for separate metering. This many times is so unsafe to even remove the cover with the fear of arc flash. How do some of you deal with working in these things? Keep in mind the disconnects in the basement control multiple floors. Meaning you pull one disconnect an it shuts off multiple apts on multiple floors.

Kind of depends on why I'm called there in the first place. If I need to shut power down and it affects multiple units, so be it. I'll let the apt management handle making tenants aware beforehand.

T
twh Offline
Look at it as an opportunity. Think of a solution and try to sell it to the owner. Maybe you get the work or maybe you get replaced. Probably, either is okay. My take on dangerous work is that if you do enough, eventually you will lose.

Link Copied to Clipboard