ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
I guess the real question is why would you lie about this?
It is just going to bite you down the road. Permit history used to be a dusty box in a warehouse somewhere. Now everything is online, open to lawyers, home inspectors, code enforcement officers and nosy neighbors (the last being the most dangerous of all).

Greg Fretwell
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Harold:

I have called the homeowner or the builder and questioned the 'storage' room. It has come out that it is intended to be an office, additional bedroom, etc. in the 'future'.

The plans usually indicate insulation & sheetrock, but no compliant receptacles. Asking why not install the recepts, usually it's money; I ask 'won't it cost more to do after the room is finished'??

THe conversation above usually results in a revised plan, or the EC will rough it in as an update.

John
G
That is exactly the kind of response I would have and what they asked me in Md. In my case I actually had all of the electrical right and they were questioning the lack of fire code drywall on the ceiling.
I agreed we wanted to make this "habitable" when I found out the tax man didn't care, the price was the same.

Greg Fretwell
H
John and Greg,

Oh I intend to ask someone about this "Storage area" and if they say it is strictly storage, I don't think there is anything I can do about it. I will make suggestions about, "While the wall is open..." and see where that gets me.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard