ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Except for the freeze protection, that is how they have built houses here for decades. In places where they only need a few feet to comply they just truck in enough dirt to get up to FEMA. Back in the good times, there were more dump trucks on the road than cars at some times of day.
The neighborhood my wife brought out of the ground had 3 feet of dirt trucked in before they started building and then the house was built on a 5 block stem wall above that.
The W/H and HVAC was on a 5 block platform too.
There was a big debate about whether the pool equipment should be elevated too but they decided in stayed at grade.

Greg Fretwell
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

H
Greg,

Around here in the flood zone, with the houses raised up so high, and on columns, etc. It is starting to look like a Polynesian village. Not that there is anything wrong with a Polynesian Village. ( Spoken in my best Jerry Seinfeld imitation)

G
That is the way it is here too at the beach. Everywhere else, they just have houses on little hills. For a while here, fill dirt was over $10 a yard plus the truck. Now it has settled down to a couple bucks plus the truck ride.
When I put in my pool the dirt guy did all my digging, grading and back fill, just for the left over dirt.

Greg Fretwell
H
Back to the original point of this post. I hated to work on the HVAC disco when it was behind the CU. I hated it then and I hate it now when I have to inspect it to make sure the OCP is the right size. I know that through our "Rehab Code" it can stay there but I still don't have to like it. smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard