ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 220 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
what is the hourly or job cost to put in new residential panel just a swap out 200amp to 200 amp

T
JH,
Don't know about your wages in Ohio,but allow yourself about 4 hours to complete the job plus materials and markup.You can change the panel out(most) alot quicker than that,but you still have to alllow for time spent at supply house,travel time to job,cleanup,etc.

BTW.How was your trip to Lubbock?Are we getting another New Texan ?

Donnie
J
The factory had corporate meetings this week so it has been postponed until next week i will know more Monday i think iam going next thursday and friday now. i will keep you informed

The guy iam putting the panel in for is going to go get the panel and the parts all i have to do is put it in iam going to look at it today when the wife gets back from grocery store. what is the going hourly rate

J
Just got back from looking at the panel its an older ITE 200amp breaker box, half the CB are missing or bad. He wants me to put in a new box and hook the loads back up. This is in an old service station that he is going to use as a garage and his son is going to paint in it. what are the going rates for some 200amp panels 40ct.and the best and worst ones in your mind. i recommended Square D

M
THE PANELS I LIKE BEST ARE SQUARE-D QO AND THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH AND TALK TO SAY THE SAME. THEY ARE ABOUT $130.00 TO $150.00 AROUND HERE DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU SHOP. NEVER HAVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH THEM YET.

M
ANOTHER QUESTION THAT POPS IN IS THE FEED FOR THIS PANEL.

"Just got back from looking at the panel its an older ITE 200amp breaker box, half the CB are missing or bad."

ALOT OF THE "OLDER" SERVICE FEEDS I RUN INTO ARE NOT COMPLIANT WITH CODE NOW. AND IT SOUNDS LIKE THERE HAVE BEEN PROBLEMS WITH THIS BOX BEFORE THE ONE THAT MADE THE OWNER WANT TO UPGRADE. I AM NOT SAYING YOU DID NOT ALREADY LOOK AT THIS, JUST MAKING SURE. EVEN IF THEY ARE "UP TO SNUFF" I CHANGE THEM TO THE METER ANYWAY BECAUSE OF AGE. NEVER CAN BE TO CAREFUL.

J
feed for the panel looks good and not that old. I think the panel is in bad shape but the owner told me he rented the place out to a guy who had a tire shop and the guy did abunch of his own wireing and messed up CB and pulled some so on so on. the feed is ok put in a new panel and run new wires for flouresent lights, 220v welder, 220v compressor, and a couple receptacles is all he is doing. so iam going to help him get the new panel in and get him squared away on his ckts.

D
"to use as a garage and his son is going to paint in it."

I hope you mean with a roller or a brush only. If he's thinking about spraying, he'll need a booth, or you'll need to look at hazardous location stuff. Any way you go, that's really expensive, booth or service.

Dallas

T
FYI:

About two and a half years ago, I had the house upgraded to 200 amp service. The drop wire from the power company's transformer was able to handle it without being replaced.

New meter, Square-D Homeline Load Center and labor came out to about $1,400. That's in Northern NJ.

J
Here in my part of ohio,i start at $1200.00 and up,that includes outside to weatherhead and new insulator,meter socket, ground rod,42 circuit 200amp mb panel and branch circuit breakers,bonding as per nec and inspection.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard