ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 373 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#209766 04/23/13 10:05 PM
Cat Servant
Look at this re-invention by Southwire:

http://www.simpullsolutions.com/circuit-wire/how-it-works.htm

I'd love to hear some first-hand feedback ... and whether it's available in coils smaller than the 2000-ft ones shown.

Reno:
I've seen the ads, read the reports, etc. I am not aware of any of the ECs is my area using this system yet.

SimPull is the 'choice' for a few ECs for feeders; solid color insulation, easy pull, paralleled, etc. Heck, I even saw 750KCMil, Cu, Green!!

John
That coil pack brings back memories of the TW in the cardboard boxes with the 'center' payout hole. BTW, bad memories.

John
W

I watched a guy wiring tract homes using boxed Romex. He'd throw a bunch of boxes on the floor at the panel, cut the center out of the box and drag a bunch of home runs across the attic at once. What a mess.

The guy on the posted link is using a ratchet bender. WAY too much work. I used to use one of those and then graduated to a hydraulic fliptop with the hand pump.
Still a ton of labor. Finally forked out for the electric pump and things have been great ever since.

S
The Simpull rep was at our local CED a few days ago with a sample of the wire "reels". It seemed to pull off pretty nice. It comes off without being messy. A manufacturing procedure that they have proprietary rights to. He said the way it is coiled is the kicker to it being better than some of the older systems.

Link Copied to Clipboard