ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
S
OH & UG are factors

Meter only or Meter/Main is a factor

OCPD upgrades (to AFCI's) are a BIG factor

"Old Service Station" and "Painting" both bring some scary thoughts to mind. [Linked Image]
Changing out a load center shouldn't be a big chore..4-8hrs total, but be sure of what the intentions are for its new use.
MinElectrcn, welcome!
(BTW, all CAPITALS are quite hard to read, and are generally considered as yelling.)...S

J
WEll guys my nice easy panel swap wasn't too bad just a few things they forgot to tell me because they didn't know is that its 3phase and they want single.

So went out saturday to get started after my buddy picked up a new 200amp SQD panel and i said hey ben this is 3phase. My dad said he had it change to single ah no he didn't.

So my simple panel swap turned into a complete new service drop weather head, meter box, wire, and all after.

got everything in today hoping the utility will come back tomorrow and turn on. I took day off work to do this for my buddy i told him its going to cost more than what i first told him, which isn't much he is a good friend, still need to run all ckts and put in some new romex.

P
Ben, Just a quick question. How did you "look" at the panel and the feeder and not notice that it was 3 phase? Did you even take the covers off when you estimated the job?

J
no i didnt look it over very well or take off panel, like i said this guy is a good friend and has done a lot of custom paint jobs on my kids dirt bike and other stuff so it was a favor to a friend kind of job. i owed him some favors now he owes me some more and a few bucks to boot. I am sure all of you have done this somewere along the line.

T
i owed him some favors now he owes me some more and a few bucks to boot. I am sure all of you have done this somewere along the line.
]

Knowing how to do electrical work will get you friends you didn't know you had!LOL

Donnie
F
ahh here in north eastern wisconsin it typically over a thousand dollars for 200 amps ( single phase ) service and the manfacures i use is C-H prodits and sometime SQD also depend on what it is set up for but for three phase service it varis depend on set up due trois phase breakers (3ph) cost pretty high !!!! [Linked Image]

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

J
hay txsparky my travel plans are all set i will be in texas next wed and thur 12th and 13th,

I have to fly to chicago tuesday the 11th to interview for another position for field service in ohio but the interview is in chicago. Its going to be an interesting week

T
jhmaint,
Good Luck with your interviews.Hope everything goes your way.

P.S.-My sister is city parks administrator in Chicago.Cold and windy there!!!She can have it. [Linked Image]

Donnie
M
i would give yourself about 7 total hours. this includes all travel time and buying time. the total job should cost around 900-1500.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard