ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 251 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#209604 04/11/13 09:48 PM
A
andrewh Offline OP
Evening All,
Can an Ontario/Canadian expert tell me any specific requirement for the condition of the service mast that I can use as reference?

A contractor working on a house next door was using a stone slinger to backfill and, what must have been a pretty big rock, hit the 2.5" mast holding our 200A service. The PVC is smashed exposing a 12" x 3" hole. The conductors look fine but I would like to make it crystal clear that this has to be fixed in accordance with code, asap.

Of course neither house is installing the service or even doing electrical at this point so there is no ESA inspection planned. The contractor knows it has happened but I don't want to delay in cases water gets in and then down into the meter below.
Any help or comments welcome.
Andrew

Someone had to take out a permit for the existing Electrical work. Is this a temporary Service for Construction.?

A
andrewh Offline OP
No, it is an infill - demolished a single bungalow (power disconnected about a year ago) for a semidetached. They run the small tools of portable generator right now.

Since the damage to my property I doubt any of their permits would apply anyway.

In BC the work would have to be done by a qualified Electrical Contractor. The power company will want a declaration that the conductors are safe from the Electrical Contractor. we would have to replace the PVC which means removing the conductors unless the can cut the PVC to replace a new section with out damaging the conductors.

A
andrewh Offline OP
Sorry for the truncated title.

Link Copied to Clipboard