ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#20950 02/01/03 11:50 PM
B
From an 'outsider's' perspective, electricians ARE magicians although there must be great job satisfaction as has been shown here, especially when a challenge is met or an installation or repair is done in top-notch form and you know that the service will serve the user correctly and safely. I have a good deal of respect for those who embody both expertise and integrity while they challenge themselves and (hopefully) enjoy their vocation.

I'm going to ask a local electrician to help me and my den of Cub Scouts (wolf level) to provide a small PA system to use at the Pack meetings so the boys can get a glimpse of said job satisfaction and maybe it'll 'spark' some interest in their career dreams and hopes.

I don't feel the same way about plumbers... as my dad responded when I commented that there's no way on earth I'd consider being a plumber: "Well, you know 'stuff' flows downhill, payday's on Thursday and you don't bite your fingernails." Yeah, he's warped.

#20951 02/02/03 12:07 AM
G
Plumbers are a nesecessary evil.I get a lot of giggles and smirks because we do both. Without good plumbing installations we would be using the old outhouse!

#20952 02/02/03 12:23 AM
B
ga.sparky, I may have left out an important statement: I am so thankful that plumbers exist! I have a distinct aversion to the type of work they do, but I'm sure glad that someone is willing to do it because outhouses figure prominently in my aversion as well. I recall when my dad was in bible college and preaching at a multitude of small country churches there was one that had no indoor plumbing and warned of the copperhead snakes since it was dark in there... yeesh!

#20953 02/02/03 12:48 AM
G
Bren, the house I grew up in had no bathroom in it until I was about 13. It was still a common thing here at that time. So i guess I have a special appreciation for all modern amenities because I grew up poor.One of my builder friends put in a bathroom for his parents when he came back from vietnam in 72.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard