ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 415 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
John,

I don't like unlicesned people doing electrical work anymore than the rest of the contractors. I called the state on one person I found doing electrical work, but the didn't think that there was anything that they could do. NOW in NJ it is a criminal offense in the fourth degree to practice electrical work without a licesense. However I am still not sure how helpful the State board of examiners will be. I have had some success with the local electrical contractors assoc. They are going after these unlicensed people with a passion.

M
I was rewiring a old house for a customer and was done sent the bill, even cust hime a break on hourly rate. He called and said he was getting another elctrician. So I had it inspected then all of a sudden he told me to go ahead and finish it. He had built a garage and said the other electrician wired it. I checked and no permit had been pulled on it. Come to find out the carpenter who built the garage rewired it. He was going to do the house to I think but when I got it inspected he knew he could not call get a final inspection. That's why he suddenly had me finish the job.
Real flustrating when you go to all the trouble of passing the BLock test and these bozzo's are making money on something they have no license for. I am going to report him after my final and ask the city atorney to prosecute.

C
I had a couple of clowns ask for a bid on a basement remodel. They told me they could do it themselves for a fraction of my bid. When I asked how, they said they didn't need the sub-panel and they would use the existing circuit (yes "circuit") for the whole basement. Ran away from that one!

I suppose I should have turned them in too.

R
I guess I'm lucky. Our AHJ's are not bashfull about bringing bad licensed contractors in to sit in front of the board, and even happy (it seems) to prosecute unlicensed parties doing electrical work.

Roger

[This message has been edited by Roger (edited 01-27-2003).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard