ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 254 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#208428 01/18/13 12:10 PM
S
Anyone out there an expert on Quickbooks. I can't get my Quickbooks up. I'm trying to communicate with several Quickbooks Forums, but so far have not found the right answers. Some of it probably has to do with my lack of expertise in the computer field. I'm thinking I'll have to reinstall my QB CD, but I'm having problems and questions on that too. Any input will add to my already exhausting dilema:)

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
sparkync #208429 01/18/13 01:09 PM
W
I am no expert but use it and have overcome many problems with it. What version is it? What are you having problems with?

sparkync #208437 01/19/13 01:53 AM
S
It wouldn't take long to uninstall and reinstall. Hopefully you have a current back-up.

sparkync #208440 01/19/13 01:28 PM
W
Do note, with QB, if you do a restore from a backup you must have the same version to restore as you did when you backed it up. Even with older versions (no longer supported by QB) you can download the updates. If you reinstall QB and the ver on the older copy was updated, if you try to do a restore it will tell you that this ver is not supported. If you update it all will be well.

sparkync #208528 01/25/13 12:16 PM
S
I have Quickbooks Pro 2009. I have tried to restore but my restore will not work. It says there was an "unspecified error". I've tried it several times and the same thing. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall, and it still will not come up. I get the message that I need IE 6.0 or later. I have IE 9. I have went through all steps that QB gives to "fix", but still no good. I have installed it on another computer, and it did download, but I cannot restore the files because it is an older computer. I have my files backed up on a flash drive and have converted them to a CD, . Thought I had it restored, but now I need the updates, and I cannot get an internet connection on it( another problem). I tried switching my wires from one computer to the old one, but still no internet. Must be something wrong with the old computer too:( I'm sorta in a mess right now. Only thing I see to do now is completely start over with my newest computer, then reinstall quickbooks. That means I will have to go through everything and try to save it so I won't totally loose it:(
All this happened on 1/15/13. I still think it's got to do with IE9 and Quickbooks. If any other suggestions before I loose everything, I would appreciate it. I've went through the "panic" stage, and now am in the "don't know what to do stage" frown Thanks again. Any idea what could be wrong with a computer that will not recognize an internet connection? I have Windows XP on the older computer. The internet connection has worked in the past. I just have not used it in a long time since I use my newer computer most of the time. Thanks again....

sparkync #208531 01/25/13 09:03 PM
I had one major meltdown with QB when I had my business. Used IE, and QB Pro. I don't remember all the details, but I spent quite a few frustrating hours with QB help (off shore). Final frustration resulted in requesting a 'stateside' assist, and he solved the glitch in about 15 minutes.

Are all your computers running the same OS? Did you contact QB support? They may have a 'block' of some type in the program to prevent 'sharing' without registering. You may have to contact them & re-register to solve your problems.

I still have a new 'uograde' version floating around here somewhere that is sealed, & legal & unused, as I have no reason to install a 'new' version without the business.

John
sparkync #219371 05/23/18 09:19 AM
K
have you tried you tube videos? there are many to choose from.

sparkync #219940 02/09/19 05:42 AM
K
there are many QB tutorial videos on YouTube (can't post the links but you can easily find them typing your desired issue in the search term.

Link Copied to Clipboard