ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
There are no "county" rules in Florida and with a couple of exceptions the whole state is in the 2008 NEC unaltered by law. (the unified Florida building code

Greg Fretwell
S
Thanks Greg. I thought I read that on a message board somewhere. So no ground rod required by the NEC unless it it set up as a SDS.

G
It may be in the imagination of some inspector but if it is not in the NEC, it is not Florida law.

The only 2 amendments I can think of is one requiring bonding of steel studs and one a proposal for lifting the GFCI requirement on 240v hard wired pool pumps.

Greg Fretwell
W
Just ran into this a couple weeks ago. 250.34 does not require a grounding electrode if the load is fed from receptacles mounted on the generator. How about if the load is cord is fed from the bolted lugs on the generator?
Bolted lugs do not fit the definition of a receptacle so
technically would a ground rod would be required?

H
At the generators are most of the neutrals tied to the grounding connection or are the separated in the generator?

H
Re-reading Soares book on grounding. If you are not breaking the neutral and you are using the homes grounding system, then the neutrals and grounds should be separate at the generator. Plus no ground rod.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard