ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Does anyone still use the old timey "drive straps" or "gedney nails"? I can't find any around here except the sharp kind at the big box stores. Supply houses don't carry them it seems. They say most people use a drill and use emt straps under house. I just can't see having to lug a drill under a house with screws in your pocket
(falling out as you crawl)is better than carrying a hammer and driving the nail straps the old time way. Any idea where you can purchase them online? I've looked but haven't found them yet. Thanks

G
EMT straps

$66 a hundred

I googled gedney nails and got a bunch of hits

Greg Fretwell
K
Believe it or not, I still have some of the T&B LT7 drive straps around here. I haven't used them I ages, but I do prefer them to the other styles of drive straps because they go in easy and have rings on the nail shank to help prevent them from backing out of the wood over time from expansion and contraction.
These guys in the link apparently sell them. I believe Barnett also used to carry them and I think that is where I bought them years ago.
LT Drive Straps

From their catalog, it looks like T&B still makes the really old style LS saw tooth type drive straps as well. I think those are the ones I used to see a lot on tear outs in older buildings.
T&B Catalog Page

Link Copied to Clipboard