ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#207147 09/27/12 08:10 PM
S
I'm getting ready again to buy me some more work boots. I've tried the Walmart Brands etc., but I'm ready for some GOOD lightweight comfortable workboots for construction type work. Any positive ideas out there?

Wolverine have been good for me. Last two pairs purchased have been at Dick's Sporting Goods. Thinsulate, feet stay comfortable, & they are not to heavy.

There are a lot of models (Wolverine), & I noticed the 'bargain' price range are not the same quality IMHO. They may look the same, but not feel the same.

Red Wing is another brand that a lot of guys like, they are in the mid-high $$ range, only available around here at Red Wing store.

IMHO, shoe stores, some sport stores, are a much better bet for better quality shoes & boots.

John
G
I like Georgia Boots. I have a pair of their steel toes and despite the weight they are the most comfortable pair of work boots I've ever owned. Everyone fits different so you have to keep at it until you find yours. Santa Rosa is another good one. Hard to find.

S
Gotta have lightweight. Thinking about Red Wings. I had a pair quiet a long time ago. Wasn't too impressed with them at the time though. At this point I'm ready to pay good bucks for the right ones smile

S
It was a close race between Wolverine and Timberland, but I had to give in to "Timberland" work boots. I spent at least an hour in Sears checking on their work boots. Went from Wolverine, Timberland, Caterpillar. The Timberland 6" Titan sold me on its lightweightness and soft leather. It was on sale for $ 125.00 ( reg. $ 140.00)and I got an extra $ 10.00 off for applying for another credit card, like I really needed one shocked
Stopped in another shoe store before I got to Sears and their Timberland was $ 180.00 ( different shoe though ).
Hope I like them. Haven't even worn them yet but I think I'm going to like them. Have to get me some shoe covers though during dirty work. Hate to scuff them up smile Steve..

D
Check out Danners http://www.danner.com . I used to go through boots like crazy. The last pair I had lasted 4 years

C
For me Redwings are the only ones, I've owned a pair for 10years now and yes they look it. but my feet have never hurt once....after a pair of wolverine or sketchers every 6 mos. and aching feet/legs. I'll never go back. always get the tips dipped too mine were 165.00 back when new but I'm sure i've saved in trips to store and feet pain..Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard