ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#206669 07/30/12 01:49 PM
S
Anyone teamed up with "Service Magic"? How does it actually work? I spoke briefly with a saleman and if I understood him right, every lead they send me I have to pay for. Not too sure so I may have to ask him again. Of course I will be competing against anyone else in my area that has the same leads. Has anyone had good sucess with them? Thanks for the input. Steve..

Latest Estimating Cost Guides & Software:
S
I used them for a while. It seems to be a pretty good system if you work it right. You can choose zip codes and what work you want to bid in each one. It does a pretty good job of bringing in the work.

A couple of problems that I had:
Small jobs. I wouldn't mess with them. You have to go look at them then price against 2 other company's. It didn't seem to be worth it unless you can price them over the phone.

They send you contact info for people, phone, email, etc. Some people I could not get a hold of. I don't have time to call and call and call. I was charged anyway. There seemed to be several like this.

It seemed to work better for larger jobs, generators, remodels, additions. I think the rate was about $50/lead.
You get the opportunity, but its up to you to make the sale.

My word of mouth business picked up so I stopped.

Link Copied to Clipboard