ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#205808 04/04/12 11:28 PM
M
Merlin Offline OP
Can anyone explain some notations on blueprints? I have some prints with certain outlets marked +42 GFI, +36 outlet, +48 outlet, and +36 GFI. I have never seen this before. What do these number represent?

Thanks, Merlin

S
Above finish grade. 36", 48"

"Live Awesome!" - Kevin Carosa
Usually xx" AFF, xx inches Above Finished Floor IF you are inside. IMHO, Sparkyinaks would be exterior.

John
M
Merlin Offline OP
Ahhhh.....that makes sense now. That was one of them "DUH" questions. I have never seen it without "AFF". Thank you very much.

Merlin:

The missing "AFF" may be a move to conserve ink/toner or time! LOL

John
G
I thought the question was going to be
"what's a blue print"?
I haven't seen a blue one in 20 years. wink

I agree on the height thing. I have seen that too. It may be an artifact of some CAD programs.

Greg Fretwell
Greg:
I had a set of blue plans last week, submitted for a comm tenant fit-up. They even have the 'smell'.

John
G
Must be a guy who is stuck in the 60s wink

All of the engineers and architects around here have big plotters or lasers. The guy who did my plans is working out of his garage but he still has a copier/printer that makes full sized prints. That thing probably costs as much as my car.
It is actually a pretty cool thing. In the end, he laid my 11x17 plan down on the glass and it came out a full sized plan with all of his logos and such around the perimeter.

Greg Fretwell
J
And I get called a dinosaur for using Generic CADD 6.0 I hate the slimey feel of the blueprints.

Greg:
99% of the plans I get for review/plan check are 'white prints'; ink jet, laser, etc. Sizes vary, flat, folded, rolled, and some coffee stained. It was a blast from the past to see a blue print.

I had a few arch/EE/PE guys send in digital plans, but we are not accepting them yet. Someday they may change state regs that require raised seal and original signature of Lic Design Pro. Going digital would save a lot of trees, and a lot of space.

The Twp Engineering Dept has three real nice, big plotters/printers, nice toys when I need something.

$$$, yes sir! The newest one was over 28K.

John
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard