ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 272 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#20564 01/16/03 10:35 AM
H
Anyone know of a place on the web to get pricing for lighting fixtures? It'd be nice to be able to look this stuff up myself without needing to wait on a sales person to get back to me...

R
The problem you might run into is that "list price" may be shown.
Most supply houses offer significantly lower(30-50%) pricing than list price.

S
Consider buying some pricing software such as EPIC or I2 Tradeservice. EPIC does have free webserver that offers pricing but the database is not as big as the one on the software.

S
Happi_man......maybe check out RUUD lighting
[Linked Image]

H
I considered this book/CD-ROM combo - National Electrical Estimator 2003
by Ed Tyler - anyone know of it - have any thoughts? Its for sale at the bookstore on this site. I thought it said you could download updated info periodically, but now I can't find where it said that - LOL!

Anyway...

Happy:
Poles, exterior fixtures, resi recess, comm recess, (HID too) canopy, & landscaping available from RUUD LIGHTING, as mentioned above.

WW Grainger has catalog, CD, and "on line pricing, once you register at there site.
Grainger.Com.

I used the estimator book & software version a while back; thought the pricing was "high" for some items, and average for others.

Light fixtures (comm) best buy pricing usually comes from supply house. Find a supply house with a comm lighting guy.
I don't know where you are located, but Graybar seems to be pushing "service". They are "choosy" about opening accounts., but they do quote for cash sales quickly.

Let me know if this helps.
John

John
H
Yeah - I've heard of Graybar but haven't dealt with them. I deal primarily with CED and Loeb. I have a great relationship with the guys at CED but they don't carry everything unfortunately. I imagine as we grow I will have to expand my resources...

N
I used the craftsman electrical estimator for a while. Found it way too high for my area. Also when updates came in it over rode the pricing I had put into the program. Never could get the job cost wizard to work with quick books pro without about 4-6 hrs of cussing it. IMHO it a cheap piece of c**p. It is much harder to use than my current program and the pricing lost all jobs that I used it on. [Linked Image]

ed
H
Ahhh good to know Ed. I almost bought that one. CMS sent me a demo of ProEst - seems like a cool program - I just have trouble figuring it out and being motivated to use it - I mean - do you have to go into each item in the database and put the pricing in? Seems like a lot of work just to get something to do math for you...unless there is something I am really missing about the estiating software...

Link Copied to Clipboard