ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 278 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
J
I will be flying down to Lubbock, texas for a job interview and wondered what you guys thought of the area i live north of Columbus ohio right now.

S
I visited the area a couple of years ago for a long weekend to vistit some friends. Lubbock offered great food and people, but it is not the most scenic place in the world. The campus of Texas Tech offered added excitement. Real estate seemed quite reasonable. Hope this helps.

T
That's out in the Pine barrens isn't it? People are ok, typical texas attitude. Spent 5 years in Longview, which is about 2 hours from Dallas. Get yself a pickup, and learn to talk suthen.

TW

T
Come on down Jerry.There's plenty of room and lotsa fishin and huntin spots. [Linked Image]

Donnie
J
I believe i will be coming down next thursday and friday. to interview and see the area a little. I will post about it and hope to by a digital camera this weekend and take some pics. were do you live and what do you do (work for or have own buisness)
TXsparky

T
I work for D.H.Electric in Conroe,Texas about 40 miles north of Houston.I've been off for awhile though because of back surgery in August.A bricklayer knocked a cinder block off of a scaffold and I was hit on top of the head with it (thank God I had a hardhat on).It messed up discs in my neck and low back.Starting to get better now as long as I take all of the meds.the docs have me on.

Donnie
B
Lived in Lubbock back in the early 60's (no jokes guys) and lived in Westerville, OH in the late 60's. Given my druthers, Lubbock any day. Both are hot, but Lubbock didn't have the humidity that OH did, although Lubbock had some real nasty dust storms. But, still would vote for Lubbock.

Bob

B
Not been to Lubbock, but there is a great radio station there that also broadcasts on the internet…KDAV-AM. It now requires a subscription to listen, but is a very fine operation with excellent programming.

Lubbock is north of central Texas, south of north Texas, east of west Texas, and west of east Texas.....dang....where is it?....I would say, "It doesn't matter....as long as it is in Texas." [Linked Image] So hurry up, and get down here. Best of luck to you. I hope things work out for you. If you need any thing, you've got my e-mail address.

The stars at night are big and bright <clap, clap, clap, clap> deep in the heart of Texas,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
J
Thanks wattdoctor, and everyone else i will let you all know what i think when i return.

Link Copied to Clipboard