ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 475 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Thanks KJay. I was just a little concerned. I can stick my finger into the housing and feel where the top of the blade is, and it looks like it's just 1/4 inch from where the screw will go in at, but if you've put them in like that and the instructions say that's the way to go, I guess I'll try it. I'll be holding my breath as I screw it in though:) Thanks again, Steve..

S
Update on the mounting of the FanTech fan motor. DO NOT SCREW INTO THE HOLES THAT THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY TO USE. Within a few minutes of a call to come and install the motor, I recieved a call from the FanTech, and informed me NOT to screw into the fan where the instuctions say. That is WILL seize up the fan wheel if done. Thankfully they called me in time. I made new holes in the brackett and bored my holes further out into the motor housing away from the fan wheel. I was almost certain to ruin the wheel if I would have gone ahead with Plan A. Maybe my fan was different from Kjay's, don't know, but I'm glad I changed my plan.

K
I think the first question is why are they sending out fans with a mounting bracket that is not designed to be used on them?
Something must have been changed, because I’ve installed several of those larger remote kits and at least a dozen of their smaller 4-inch units over the years and never had any issues with the mounting screws contacting the blade on any of them. Hard to believe they can mess up something as simple as stamped steel L-bracket, but apparently they can.

S
Kjay, I agree. If I had not already purchased the fan, I might question the integrity of the company. I just hope the fan after installed meets my expectations. I could see where the mounting brackett could be made a little different so no "field fabricating" would be necessary. I may get back in touch with them and voice my opinion. Looks like I will still have to use some hanging strap to help support it in the attic. I questioned the strength of support after having to move the screws out further on the motor, but the tech "reasurred" me that it would be sufficient. After mounting it like he said, it is a little unstable, and when I go back I intend on supporting it better. Maybe they actually sent the wrong brackett with mine, I don't know. Live and learn I guess. Thanks for your input. Steve..

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard