ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
KJay,

I was also thinking about a 100 watt rough service bulb, maybe the supply houses would carry them. I don't know if the big box stores carry rough service bulbs.

K
KJay Offline OP
Well, I do know of at least a couple of supply houses around here that normally stock the 100W rough service bulbs, but not sure about the big box stores. As I understand it though, the rough service bulbs weren’t included in the original legislation anyway.

G
The big boxes and most auto parts stores carry rough service bulbs but I am not sure about 100s. Most drop lights call for a max of 60w. They get plenty hot enough.

Greg Fretwell
K
KJay Offline OP
Yeah, I stopped using those 120V drop lights years ago, ever since the 18V cordless snake lights and fluorescent work lights came out. Those things were dangerous, especially the ones with open bulb and the spun reflector. I can remember at least a few times back when I was an apprentice when the hot bulb shattered because of thermal shock from getting water dribbled on it and you would end up with exposed energized electrodes from the bulb base sticking out. GFCI protection probably could have come in handy in those situations, but I don’t think it was as prevalent back then as it is today.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard