ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
Originally Posted by KJay
I know Angelo Bros. used to sell the retractable cord ball assemblies, but since Westinghouse bought them out I can’t seem to find diddly on them.
I found a fixture from Pottery Barn that has a neat looking retracting cord setup with the pulleys and all. Maybe you could get the less expensive one and cannibalize it just for the cord set. The only thing is that it looks like it may be more of a pewter color than the copper you have, so you may need to do some detailing.

Light Fixture

Angelo Bros. licensed the Westinghouse name, they were not bought out, when Westinghouse bought the CBS TV network they sold all their industrial lines, Wikipedia is not the best source but here is a link:

Wikipedia Link

Last edited by NORCAL; 11/20/11 12:25 AM.
H
Greg,

I remember the old light fixture my dad had in the dining room of my old house. The dining light would go up and down on retractable cord to what ever height you wanted. Up high, when there was no company and you were cleaning or setting table. Then down low when there was company. Plus you could raise it a bit if you were blocking the face of the company on the other side of the table.

G
Those pull downs were all the rage in the 60s and 70s but they just seemed to go away.

Greg Fretwell
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard