ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 482 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Yoop:
A pic is worth 1000s of words. What you refered to as a 'box' is a troff, with feeders (or service), not what I thought was a 'device box'.

From the pic...yes, it is in concrete....but, NOT inside the wall; that may be why you bought a red sticker.

Personally, from what I see in the pic...I would not have any issue.

What Article did the AHJ write the violation on??

John
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Y
The walls are Acrylic Membrane as its only a temp. structure and there well never be True walls. Thus the concrete section. as in the photo.
Wrote it for going thur classified area without sealing . Did not list code section.It was not written on me but to contractor on site.

H
I agree with John, that the service wires are encased in concrete so that they are "not in the building". We have to use that technique to get service conductors into the building along a wall into the service equipment. When the service equipment isn't real close to the point of entry.

Y
The Inspector said if you remove the Concrete it would be OK. According to him the Concrete brought the Floor level up to the top of the concrete??????
90.4 I guess.

So, based on that 'logic' the vapors sorta balance themselves on the top of the concrete??? The vapor that was at the floor level where the concrete is magically 'jump'. (Where are the smiley faces)

I hate to say this, but if I received a red tag with that flimsy reasoning....it would time to go to the Board of Appeals. I know that doing so could end up putting me in a 'bad taste' with this AHJ, but this is crazy.

John
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard