ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 546 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Dale Electric has a 3.8KW Leviton car charger on the cover of their catalog this month with a cord cap on it. $921

Greg Fretwell
P
pdh Offline
Originally Posted by Tesla
But when you go north, they stink. Cold ruins battery performance across the board. Without waste heat from our Otto Cycle engines how do we stay warm?

The solution they seem to be going to in Iceland is to use their massive cheap thermal energy to do things like split water into hydrogen and oxygen. Then they have the cleanest gas around which can then fuel a specially designed engine that only puts water vapor out the tail pipe and doesn't gum up the engine.

H
John,

Did anything happen to the battery?

Harold:
No issues with the battery pack. The car had all the body work done, and has been back in service.

I believe the body shop had the battery pack pulled for their own reasons.

John
In case everybody did not see todays newspapers:

GM offers to buy back Volts!!

GM CEO makes offer to anyone who would like to return a Volt for a buy back to keep all the customers happy. This is due to the battery related fires after the NHTSA crash testing.

Also mentions that the Volt battery pack is liquid cooled, and the On Star system will notify GM of any Volt involved in a crash (real world), and a GM response team will be at that vehicle in 48 hours to secure the battery pack.

John
H
John,

That doesn't sound good. I also just read somewhere ( I believe) that battery car charger cords have been burning up too.

G
If I was going to guess what burns up on the cord I would say the connector/cap. I know the plug on my golf cart gets hot if it is not plugged in tight.

Greg Fretwell
I second that guess Greg. Had a comm toaster 'fire' last week in a food service area. 5Kw toaster, 30 amp, cord&cap......toasted.

John
T
I thought that the industry had moved to pin & sleeve...

For this reason...

Tesla
Pin & sleeve with the 'lock latch' like Meltrics I have seen. No straight blade units yet.

John
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard