ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 516 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
John,

My son just got his power back on Yesterday after 4:00PM. smile There are still people in the area with no power though, you can hears those gens running at night. I was going to give my son my old Homlight (?) gen, since I got a new one. I was just getting it fixed. Got the call yesterday that it is beyond repair. I already have another gen on order and it should be in by next week. I hope.

H
John,

Yesterday the town administer calls me into his office. ( I wondered what I did wrong) he told me he got an E-mail from the POCO. It seems that they sent me a list of 20+ people in town that have "Problems" with their services. They wanted us to know that the POCO might not hook their service back up and that these resi's might need an EC and permits. So the Admin. gets nervous and wants me to write letters and deliver them to these houses and to be "Proactive" with our citizens.

I told him OK, but I wanted to go out and survey the houses in question. I thought that if we give out these letters the people would be very mad at us AND the POCO. I split the list with another inspector (not electric) to see what is up. I go flying around the neighbor hood and found out that of the 10 houses I had, all 10 had power. There were some small problems, like loose service cable, 1 house had 2 services, house and garage. House was good and garage had no power. 1 service was energized but laying on ground with caution tape all around it. 1 sevice was being fixed as I pulled up to sight.

Went back and told our Admin. that we only have to send out a few letters, most of the houses were OK and I thought that the POCO was being too overly cautious. I can only guess that I am going to get a lot of phone calls on Monday when I go into the office. I am also on call this weekend in case they need me.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard