ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Right then, I think the lovely panels that might one day be on sale in Lowes are using Suntech panels and Enphase inverters.
They sound really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJPXsN_gFz8

"Installed a 5KW enphase system about 6 months ago using Mage solar 180 mono panels. I have been back to the site 3 times to replace inverters. I have been less than impressed with Enphase. It has been over 3 months and we have not been compensated for the service calls on their product and the less than stellar output if each inverter. I have only seen a peak output of 130 watts for each 180 watt panel. Thanks, I'll stick with SMA.

hazeyfla 6 months ago

NEMA 5-15 plug OUTDOORS IN THE WEATHER

Good idea?

Keef:

Political references, comments, debates, etc. are not tolerated within the ECN website. (Period)

That includes all areas within the forums.

Please abide by the rules, as setforth when you registered.

John
K
Board Rules
*** Please understand that this Discussion Forum is meant for the benefit of those in the Electrical Trade and other related persons. Although related discussion by others may sometimes be permitted, questions of a How-To nature by untrained people (aka DIYers) are not within the scope of this Forum and may be removed at our discretion. ***

Considering the real-time.........etc etc.

Can't see any prohibition on debates there.
Have I mentioned politics?

Debate within trade related topics is one of the lifebloods of this forum IMHO. That said, you are correct that there is no prohibition on debate.

This was posted on page 2 of this thread by Norcal:

Originally Posted by NORCAL
This thread is starting to touch the forum "3rd rail" of no political comments.....

All this said, let's get back on track, talk solar, PV, inverters, ohms, NMC, surviving the recent floods, earthquake, hurricane, and other mayhem.....and leave the politics to the politicians.

Thank you!

John
G
The panels are warrantied for 25 years, the inverter for 10.

The question is how good is the warranty.

Greg Fretwell
IMHO, any warranty is only as good as the company that wrote it. Hopefully, the inverter mfg will be around in the ten year period, and the panel mfg for 25 yrs. Be interesting if the warranty is underwritten, or by a third party.

John
K
http://www.westinghousesolar.com/

It's got the Westinghouse name behind it.
How could you go wrong?

(cough, splutter, choke!)

K
About Westinghouse Solar
For more than a century, the Westinghouse name has stood for reliability and innovation. It began in 1886, when George Westinghouse introduced the first alternating current (AC) electrical system which soon powered every American home and business. We've been a leader ever since - developing solutions that deliver safe and efficient electrical energy while introducing smart products for the home that bring comfort and convenience to the lives of millions.
Today our innovation is the spark behind Westinghouse Solar. Building upon our legacy of dependability, we are making residential solar power - like the sun itself - accessible to everyone. Westinghouse Solar Power Systems are safer, more powerful, and more reliable than any other while backed by the proven quality of the Westinghouse name.
Westinghouse Solar fits the way you live, allowing you to power your home safely, cleanly and affordably.
Brightly, like the sun.

Yeah.........right!

House rules, Barry. No chundering, no technicolor yawns and no dunny jokes.

Wood work but can't!
S
a tad misleading>

It began in 1886, when George Westinghouse introduced the first alternating current (AC) electrical system which soon powered every American home and business.

He obtained exclusive rights to Nikola Tesla's patents for a polyphase system of alternating current in 1888

http://inventors.about.com/library/inventors/blwestinghouse.htm

~S~

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard