ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 278 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
I recall something related to the auto reverse function of a garage door, and that there were safety issues in the field.

If you have any information on this I will appreciate it.

I always checked this when inspecting this equipment, especially when Sears took out electrical permits that required inspection and finals.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools

K
There’s one CPSC recall regarding door openers made by Stanley having a problem with the auto reverse feature from back in 1991. There is also another one listed from 1997 for Sears branded units made by Chamberlain and sold only in Puerto Rico. Apparently a 4-year old boy was killed there when he was caught between the doors on the type that swing open and closed horizontally as opposed to being lifted open and closed vertically.

Stanley Openers

Chamberlain Openers

Originally Posted by KJay
There’s one CPSC recall regarding door openers made by Stanley having a problem with the auto reverse feature from back in 1991. There is also another one listed from 1997 for Sears branded units made by Chamberlain and sold only in Puerto Rico. Apparently a 4-year old boy was killed there when he was caught between the doors on the type that swing open and closed horizontally as opposed to being lifted open and closed vertically.

Stanley Openers

Chamberlain Openers

Thank you! wave

Link Copied to Clipboard