ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 205 guests, and 28 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
sparky #202493 08/05/11 12:09 AM
T
twh Offline
I wonder if a politician's definition of a shortage of electricians is not having workers sitting at home waiting for a call, or having to pay more than minimum wage. I think we should open up immigration for politicians so we can drive their wages down, too.

sparky #202495 08/05/11 01:03 AM
Cat Servant
I suppose the same can be said here as can be said in the current "permit snafu" ad:

We have met the enemy, and he is us!

Accept THAT, and you know where to find the solution.

renosteinke #202500 08/05/11 09:03 AM
S
sparky Offline OP
Supply side economics continues to survive despite the inherent flaws obvious festerings folks, we're talking over a generation since they told us the wealth would trickle down

I get the student loan defaults, one of the largest growing sanfu's , simply following every other default
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_KI8qvH2H8...C3th85yQ/s1600/student+loan+defaults.bmp[/img]

I get the HB1's problem allowing foriegn nationals to be placed in line ahead of American workers , because it is an instrument of abuse in and of itself

[Linked Image from redbus2us.com]

The regulations define a "specialty occupation" as requiring theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge in a field of human endeavor[1] including but not limited to architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, social sciences, biotechnology, medicine and health, education, law, accounting, business specialties, theology, and the arts, and requiring the attainment of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent as a minimum[2] (with the exception of fashion models, who must be "of distinguished merit and ability".)[3] Likewise, the foreign worker must possess at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and state licensure, if required to practice in that field. H-1B work-authorization is strictly limited to employment by the sponsoring employer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-1B_visa

I don't buy that Americans won't or can't work hard or dirty

That supply side canard hoists itself upon it's own petard with so many contrary examples it's simply beyond unmitigated gall

what i do get is our trade will be affected , like all blue's will , by having to take less

but this disparity is unequitable, and some of you who are smart enough to follow the $$$ , and/or history know all too well the churning of those machinations

this becomes an important point , and worthy of consideration if you are a 'blue' , looking to sponsor a 'blue' , or having any respect of past , or procreation of future blues
~S~

sparky #202504 08/05/11 11:59 AM
Administrator
This thread seems doomed to end badly. I'm going to close it now before it's too late.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard