ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
F
Farhan Offline OP
OSHA wants every construction worker to be trained, the question is why? What i think about this is OSHA actually want to ensure the safety of construction workers by education them about the various dangerous issues they may face at construction side. I strongly agree with that, what do you guys think about it?

Arc Flash PPE Clothing, LOTO & Insulated Tools
W
Just got thru with the OSHA 10 class. A very informative class, lots of guidelines as to what OSHA expects as far as inspections and record keeping. For my money, it cant hurt to go through the class, who knows you might actually learn something!

Jimmy

Life is tough, Life is tougher when you are stupid
S
........ Removed ..........

i guess i have a different take on it all as i've now brought a son into the trades

i don't awlays agree with them, and i've often worked in blatant disregard of them, but i'd like him to know the rules so he can make informed decisions instead of other people making them for him

~S~

Last edited by Webmaster; 06/24/11 11:49 AM. Reason: please keep politics out of discussions
L
Whether you want the 10 hour training or not, cost and convenience is a consideration. Just came accross these guys who offer OSHA Training online:
OSHA Safety Training - Classroom and Online

They are a division of All Hazards Training Center of University of Findlay

OK, that's $680 for four (4) days online. It would be interesting to know how many guys are ready for that, or already took the course.

John
K
Those online courses sound convenient, but expensive and at 4-days, they seem overly long and drawn out. I could see it costing that much if maybe it was for the OSHA 30 or HAZWOPER courses.
I took the OSHA 10 course in a one day seminar about 4-years ago for about $150.00 and that included coffee and donuts for the morning break.
It does seem like OSHA 10 certification is now becoming the minimum required for subcontractors and employees just to set foot on some construction jobsites.

Cat Servant
I don't see anything in the course materials that isn't already covered, numerous times, in the course of ordinary job training.

What I DO see is a pin-headed focus on "documenting" the training, and a wonderful income generator for all those seminar commandos.

Good heavens, I doubt is anyone on this planet can 'document' their 'sex education,' but there seems to be no shortage of babies. All a 'documentation' requirement does is increase costs and give inspectors easy 'paperwork violations.'

It simply amazes me that every desk jockey is an 'expert' on ladder use, but when it comes to something that can REALLY hurt you - like power pulling equipment- all they can do is mouth platitudes about "following instructions.'

It's worse than that, though. By letting 'safety' morph like a cancer to the point where even the sight of a pretty lady will mandate the immediate doning of a full-body condom, they've undermined any real respect for the subject. "Safety" becomes just another BS waste of time, an occasion for parroting whatever gibberish is popular this week, and a blank check/ excuse for the worst of management.

Originally Posted by renosteinke
I don't see anything in the course materials that isn't already covered, numerous times, in the course of ordinary job training.

What I DO see is a pin-headed focus on "documenting" the training, and a wonderful income generator for all those seminar commandos.

Good heavens, I doubt is anyone on this planet can 'document' their 'sex education,' but there seems to be no shortage of babies. All a 'documentation' requirement does is increase costs and give inspectors easy 'paperwork violations.'

It simply amazes me that every desk jockey is an 'expert' on ladder use, but when it comes to something that can REALLY hurt you - like power pulling equipment- all they can do is mouth platitudes about "following instructions.'

It's worse than that, though. By letting 'safety' morph like a cancer to the point where even the sight of a pretty lady will mandate the immediate doning of a full-body condom, they've undermined any real respect for the subject. "Safety" becomes just another BS waste of time, an occasion for parroting whatever gibberish is popular this week, and a blank check/ excuse for the worst of management.

Could we please be a little more on topic, I am basically reading giggerish in your total post.

Last edited by dougwells; 08/01/11 08:46 PM.
S
to safety, or not to safety would be Reno's observation

i.e.- do we need it?

well, let's start with the b*tch i've had now for 1/4 century

what good are laws that are not enforced?

anyone?

~S~

Hearing words on the street that they are around, looking kinda hard. Good source said they wrote $37.5k in fines since last Monday. They must be hungry

John
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard