ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 483 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
It is mostly about the safety and a lot about the Benjamins.

Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Trumpy:

"Have you read AS/NZS 3000: 2009?"

May this be read on-line??

John
C
Are modern garage door openers all required to have emergency release for opener, in case the power goes out? I had a opener go dead since it was on a gfi and we had to cut hole in door to access the pull cord, I at that time 1996 put it on a single, but thought it was in the exception to the rule, there is no other door to garage. chris

H
Greg,

Years ago there was a crotchety old AHJ who worked around here. You could never ever get a passing sticker the first time with him. Anyway, I wired up a very large detached garage with 4 or 5 garage doors, and dozen of receptacles about 4' off floor height. Well Walter came on my job for a final inspection and saw the garage door opener recpt. not GFI protected and failed my job. I asked nicely why and he said that he wanted GFI protection for those outlets. I told him it wasn't code, but he was insisting that I do it. He gave me the "What If?" someone plugged into that recpt. and I said, why would they when I had 15 other recpts. down low.

Long story short, I gave him copies of pictures from IAEI showing the that GDO recpt. did not have to be GFI protected. I passed but he always had it in for me after that time.

G
If you have no other way to get into your garage, they make a removable keyed cylinder that you put in the overhead door.
Once you pull out the cylinder with your key; the release rope for the door opener (which you fastened to the other end of the cylinder) can be pulled from the outside.
http://www.aaaremotes.com/key-release-lock.html

Ghost307
Harold:

Hmmmm....

"crotchety old AHJ"
"but he always had it in for me after that time."

Think about that!

John
H
John,

I did and then I got my inspectors license in order to face him head on. He still didn't back down from some of his wrong decisions. They finally, after many years, got rid of him.

H
John,

Another thought, I am getting old and sometimes get grumpy, but if I ever get as bad as he was, SHOOT ME! smile

just kidding.

Cat Servant
I remember when, in the early 60's, garage door openers first became available. Especially the first, fancy ones, with the remote control.

My Dad proudly told the neighbors he had an automatic door opener. When they asked to see it, he simply pointed to me - it was my job to open the door as he came up the drive!

H
Reno,

That sounds like what happened to me when I worked for my original boss. Someone asked my boss if he had a "Ditch Witch" and my boss said sure did, then he pointed to me!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard