ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#200838 04/21/11 11:24 PM
N
Hello folks, I am looking for some help.
I have a customer with a range hood that has a bad switch.
The switch is a 3 wire 4 position rotary switch. The positions are 1-load #1, 2-load #2, 3-load #1&2, 4- off.
This switch is approx 1 inch square, about 3/8 thick. I thought it was going to be easy to replace until I tried to find one. The range hood manufacturer has gone under and there are few legible markings on the switch. I have exhausted my usual sources of these types of oddities. I can find it in pull chain but rotary seems to be more difficult. I was wondering if anyone has any info on a source for a switch like this.

Thanks
Dave

Have you tried grainger, johnston supply?

it should be available it doesn't seem to be a complicated switch. maybe hard to find the very exact fit.

Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live

Leviton & Eagle are mfg that you could google. The days of having any local 'mom & pop' electrical supply & hardware stores are long gone around here (Big Boxes).

John
K
I would try Amazon, Barnett, McMaster-Carr, Grainger or MSC supply. If not available from one of them, then Marcone has quite a bit of that kind of stuff in their online catalogs. Appliance Clinic also has a good amount of parts like that available online as well.
If all else fails, I think you can still find a basic Broan range hood for under $50.00 at the big box stores.

N
I have tried Leviton, P&S, Grainger, and a bunch of others with no luck. For the amount of effort already expended, I think KJay's suggestion of a new range hood is the best bet.
This customer is an older widower and I was trying to keep things simple and inexpensive. Thanks all for your input
Dave

G
I see a bunch of them on lamp web sites but I am not having much luck getting any ratings. I assume it has to be motor rated.

http://www.jalanes.com/IBS/SimpleCat/Product/asp/hierarchy/0208/product-id/244161.html

Greg Fretwell
L
I have an appliance supply place in Malden (Medford),ma that i use.

They pretty much have been able to accommodate most of my needs. I forget the exact name of it right now, i just know where they are and go there.

I' sure you must have a similar place up your way,stop the local 'Maytag guy',they should point you in the right direction.

Link Copied to Clipboard