ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#105995 09/24/05 09:42 PM
From LK

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Note: The guy that did this work has some explaining to do

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

#105996 09/24/05 11:19 PM
D
What is that used for and what is the violation? I'm new to the field, so I've never seen that.

#105997 09/25/05 02:46 AM
Looks like the back plate from a Wiremold device, and the second pic shows the nicks in the sheath and black conductor...

Plus that bushing is not properly installed/is damaged, and too many wires through the hole...

Yada Yada.... [Linked Image]

Stupid should be painful.
#105998 09/25/05 01:32 PM
B
There aren't many little details that irritate me more than discovering UF used in place of NM-B. With old, brittle UF, simply stripping the wire can turn into a whole drawn-out undertaking of very carefully "chipping" away insulation. Gah!

-John

H
I have a quick question about modular homes. I had been planning on getting a set of low voltage wiring plans from a home theater company, and doing quite a bit of pre wiring to save on money, and because I enjoy it.

modular homes

Hemiltonfleming:

First, welcome to ECN Forums from one of the 'Jersey Guys'!!

You may post your question with a little more detail here, and it may be 'moved' to another location, or simply start a new topic within the appropriate area. If you start it in an incorrect one of the mods will relocate it!

John
The question is, what in the name of sanity did all that lot connect to on the other side of the box?! crazy

Wood work but can't!
Originally Posted by Alan Belson
The question is, what in the name of sanity did all that lot connect to on the other side of the box?! crazy

I'd say at a guess, a light switch, Alan.

Trumpy/Alan:

Wiremold is a surface metal raceway & from installs that I have come upon, the multiple UFs (3?) are anybodys guess. This is real hack work!

John
A few years back, a friend got a registered sparky in to rewire his recently aquired French house. The previous owners had been Brits and had 'done it up' sick themselves. Under the mistaken impression that every circuit required a separate spur, [the Brit Ring Main is illegal here], they had run vast looms of 2.5mm2 flat twin and earth, for everything, in all directions beneath the new sheetrock and in the roofspace, under the floors, you name it. When I say vast, I mean 4 inch plus diameter bundles! In one loom there was a 6mm2 cable intended, I presume, for a never installed range [?]. As twin and earth is also illegal here, the whole lot was scrapped, but most of it is still hiding in there somewhere!
The idiots had also sawed the complete top section out of an 18C oak staircase, which I copied from the lower case and rebuilt in ammonia fumed oak. Nice little earner, 7 days in Bordeaux with me plates up! smile

Wood work but can't!

Link Copied to Clipboard