ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#200729 04/17/11 04:08 AM
Trumpy Offline OP
I tried to get onto YouTube today and found this annoying screen that asked me to link my YouTube account with my Google account.

I had actually read the notice wrong, it was not asking me, it was TELLING me to link my account with a Google account.
Therefore, no Google account, no YouTube access.
(Google bought YouTube in 2006 btw)
I'm pretty sure there are other people out there that are just as peeved as me.

I think it is about time that Google pulled it's horns in. mad

Your thoughts?

Last edited by Trumpy; 04/17/11 04:10 AM. Reason: Typo's
G
My wife found out you can't get Email on an android without G mail. I wonder what Google is doing with everything they sniff out of your Email

Greg Fretwell
Trumpy Offline OP
Originally Posted by gfretwell
My wife found out you can't get Email on an android without G mail. I wonder what Google is doing with everything they sniff out of your Email

Woah,
I never knew that, Greg.
What Google is doing with all that information is finding better ways to spam your email box.
It goes through e-mails and looks for keywords and then sends you mail based on them keywords.
I had a Gmail account at one time, but I got rid of it about 2-3 years ago, it was the most over-spammed e-mail account I've ever had, and yes, most of the spam was caused by Google itself.

I question Google's motives, especially after it got it's hands smacked over the WiFi info thing, it seems to me that Google fails to recognise that people don't like their privacy being invaded.

J
I'm not sure I understand the issue. I don't have a Google account and have no problem accessing YouTube. Are you saying that you have both and one is detected while using the other?
Joe

G
I was here with my fingers crossed wondering about that too. I don't have a google account either and I still see you tube stuff people send me.

Greg Fretwell
This has been going on for a while. First time 4-5 months ago before Sign in on youtube asked me to create account. I ignored it. After 4th time I created acc and rarely used it. After one weak I got 18 mails. I didnt tell anione for my new email. There is something going there for sure.

Internet is good servant but bad master.

“If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there”.
G
I guess I just ignored that "account" nag screen.

Greg Fretwell
Trumpy Offline OP
Guys,
I was only relating what had happened here with my computer at the time.
I can view videos now on YouTube fine, as wasn't the case the other night.
I even tried closing Firefox and then opening it again, but I still ended up with the same screen when I clicked on my YouTube bookmark.
I have a tonne of "Favourites" on YouTube that I like watching, I might just have to bite the bullet and sign up with a Google account.

I signed onto my 'u-pipe' A/c via Google 2 years back. I have the very rare 'unknown', perhaps one a month, which I don't open. Presumably they are for ..er..stiffness tablets - that's what my friends tell me, who seem to get 50 spams a day!
The most likely source of your name is bots in your own machine tracking your site visits?

Wood work but can't!

Link Copied to Clipboard