ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Anybody notice how the trade magazines are shrinking?

EC&M this month is 42 pages!

John
J
Professional Builder mag folded for a while but has recently come back. I guess everyones advertising budget is down.

Cat Servant
Part of this is on account of our suffering economy - and part is one of the unforseen consequences of the "internet revolution.'

Look aroud you at other publications - magazines as well as newspapers. They're all much smaller. Quite a few have folded. I already receive several 'newstand' magazines free over the internet.

Besides the magazine, the electric west 2010 last year was not what it used to be. As Reno mentioned "Internet Revolution"

the human touch/interaction and the tangible feeling is slowly fading.

i am wondering how it will be for our kids and grand kids. it scary when i think about it.

Be kind to your neighbor, he knows where you live

H
What trade magazines? I tried at least 10 times to get a free subscription to EC&M and they will not give me one.

As for Electrical Contracting, I still get that magazine and I love to read it. I get to see the new products that are out there. I love to read the code questions and the have some great articles that I read.

Yes, the newspapers have shrunk. The classified sections, and auto ads are very minimal. The obituaries are now a lot bigger (print size). Time magazine may someday arrive in an envelope!

Personally, I still like the 'feel' of the magazine, and the newspaper over reading it 'on-line'. Perhaps, one of those 'kindle' things is in all our futures?

John
H
John,

I prefer to read newspaper over the Net myself. I especially love reading the comics!

E
Our newspaper has become about half the size it used to be. The print is so small that I can't even read it any more, so I canceled my subscription. I've had to resort to reading the news on-line.

I've noticed the same thing with magazines. With the exception of Arlington Industries, you sure don't see as much advertising in our trade magazines.

@Niko: I'm guessing that in many instances, our kids and grand kids won't know the difference, since they won't have known any better. Kind of like phones with cords.

---Ed---

"But the guy at Home Depot said it would work."
G
Harold I was getting EC&M for a while but it stopped. I guess they figure inspectors don't buy much wink

Greg Fretwell
Originally Posted by Niko
Besides the magazine, the electric west 2010 last year was not what it used to be. As Reno mentioned "Internet Revolution"

the human touch/interaction and the tangible feeling is slowly fading.

i am wondering how it will be for our kids and grand kids. it scary when i think about it.

Harold:

http://subscribe.ecmweb.com/subscribe.cfm?tc=NNWEB

Last edited by Joe Tedesco; 03/16/11 03:30 PM.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard