ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#20006 01/08/03 08:46 AM
We had a GC that wouldn't supply toilet facilities, instead suggesting we use the nearby sandwich shop.
I sent him a Change Order for sodas that the guys had to buy to use the "Customers Only" restroom. He refused it...so.
We all piled into a van, went to his personal home nearby, beat on the door at 6AM, and when he answered in his bathrobe, asked if we could use the bathroom.
(Not very businesslike, but he put facilities on all the jobs thereafter).

I'd get the Porta-Potties, (the deluxe models at that) and charge the markup and OH.

#20007 01/08/03 11:34 AM
W
Thats Crazy. If you got to provide the Porta-Potty then they pay for it its part of the job and its their responsibility. Do they expect you and your crew to use a squat trench ?
I would include that 'facility' in the bid, and you also have to have them pumped out once a week too and there is a charge for that.
REE dic a lus !!
WOC

#20008 01/08/03 08:44 PM
H
Sparky - LOL! Yep - showvel - inevitably - a roll - whenever I can remember one...ever try to clean up with a job invoice? doiks!!

#20009 01/08/03 09:30 PM
N
Nick Offline OP
ROTFLOL!
Yes it is expected as a line item in the bid. They even have a guaranteed price quote from a company that provides this service. Now, I have run onto the remove your own trash once before. There is a GC here that makes it part of there standard contract language. That job happened to be so lacking on lay down space that about half way through we were not even allowed a storage container and you were only allowed to store 48hrs worth of material on site. What was done there was a representative from the GC who assigned percentage values to each dumpster for each trade whose material was in it. They then back charged us monthly for the costs. That way there weren’t 20 different dumpsters on site. (Which would have been impossible) I am sure we got screwed on that deal but it was better than the alternative. And it was part of the contract.
This job has similar space limitations although, not nearly as bad. But it’s a large site. OK, I can live with a dumpster. Park it next to our containers and police it regularly for other trades material. Immediately sending back charge letters to offenders. But outhouses! Come on! The site is 40 acres+ with 6 2, 3 and 4 story buildings. We will have to spread them out all over for the crews. (Probably 70+ electricians at peak) I guess we get combo locks and give only our employees and subs the combo’s. I don’t know how else to keep Joe dry Waller out. What a pain! I am sure a lot of smaller trades won’t get them banking on there guys using everyone else’s.
OH, and on that subject. Water is another problem. We (I) always provide water (and not nasty hose water) to our crews. Not only is it the right thing to do it is in our working agreements. (Union) Most of the other trades do not. So what happens? We become the water supplier for the whole job! Just another item to waist time policing. And I wonder why I never seem to get anything done!
[Linked Image] <End of rant>

[This message has been edited by Nick (edited 01-08-2003).]

#20010 01/08/03 10:28 PM
B
Now for the latest in on-the-job sanitation, SmurfHut Ultra Access Control will finally pay off! To discretely answer a jobsite call of nature, each of your crew will get an official Yellow & Brown Fleet ID badge so they can be assured of an uncrowded rest station by a convenient badge swipe on the digital honey bucket door latch.

For a slight additional fee we’ll add online Trial User Revisitation Demographics reports, and new ECC Plus—Emergency Credit Card opening if a tradesman happens to forget their Yellow & Brown ID badge.

[This message has been edited by Bjarney (edited 01-08-2003).]

#20011 01/08/03 11:40 PM
N
Nick Offline OP
AS an added bonus will it log how many times a day they use the outhouse and for how long? Could be a hot seller!

#20012 01/08/03 11:47 PM
B
You bet! That is a prime feature of the T.U.R.D. reports.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard