ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#199608 03/02/11 08:34 PM
D
Damon Offline OP
Hi,

I'm working on some projects and was hoping someone couldpoint me towards a website or book that gives the standards wiring colours in China and Brazil. Specifically I'm looking for the colours of their 3 phase industrial systems so that I can make my electrical drawings consistent with them. Thanks in advance.

Hi there Damon,
Welcome to ECN!
About the closest thing we had to what you are asking here was this thread.

Maybe it's time we had another look into that thread.
If anyone else knows of the colour codes that Damon is referring to, by all means, sing out!

I remember a reference chart within some specs from ABB equipment, but I can't put my hands on it now. It was back when US was getting with the EU.

One client I worked for had some equip actually go to China, as opposed to the other way.

Wonder if the OP did a google?

John
T
I faintly remember some pictures of single phase household wiring from Hongkong, but that's about it. If I remember correctly, Neutral was light blue, Phase red and ground yellow/green.

I'd say in drawings you're safe to draw all phase conductors the same color though.

Administrator
Originally Posted by Damon
Hi,

I'm working on some projects and was hoping someone couldpoint me towards a website or book that gives the standards wiring colours in China and Brazil. Specifically I'm looking for the colours of their 3 phase industrial systems so that I can make my electrical drawings consistent with them. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to ECN,

Here's a link I dug up to an old discussion here:

https://www.electrical-contractor.net/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/133818/1.html

Bill

Link Copied to Clipboard